FIFTH CORE PRINCIPLE
THE PRINCIPLE OF
SCIENCE & NATURAL ORDER
A Noble Nation conforms to Science & Natural Order; which is the rational, scientific and fact based operation of the Nation with the objective of maximizing net social benefit. This is set out in four operating principles that regulate the Noble Nation, including all branches and institutions of Noble Government, Society and Economy:
1. INFORMATION RATIONALITY:
All structures, processes, policies and actions of the Nation must be rational insomuch as being logically and mathematically coherent and must be based on data and models that are accepted as true and valid by persons of wisdom, learning and virtue in the relevant domains of knowledge.
2. MAXIMUM NET SOCIAL BENEFIT:
All structures, processes, policies and actions of the Nation must have the objective of maximizing net social benefit. Therefore, a Net Social Benefit (NSB) Model that adheres to Information Rationality and Continuous Improvement, which includes all costs and benefits accruing to the Nation, must back every structure, process, policy or action of the Nation.
3. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
All structures, processes, policies and actions of the Nation must permit analysis of itself and must be subject to continuous learning and improvement.
4. DEVOLVED DIRECT DEMOCRACY:
All policies and regulations of the Nation and every devolved administrative unit must be backed by and be subject to the direct democratic mandate and review of the Citizens.
Noble Nation’s technology facilitates and ensures that all activities of the Nation’s institutions of government, economy and society adhere to these principles. Every citizen can contribute his knowledge and wisdom in the initiation, formulation and implementation of the Nation’s policies and decisions through the direct democratic framework.
While Individuals are encouraged to practice these principles wherever possible, private persons have no obligation or duty to do so – i.e. Individuals have the Sovereign right to act privately in irrational and un-beneficial ways as long as they do not break the root laws.
- It is important to note the distinction here of “Natural Order” as order can be brought about through natural or un-natural means.
- Natural Order is brought about through love, knowledge and wisdom. Having understood the underlying nature of things, the wise structure systems such that they flow naturally as desired, with minimal entropy creation. Such systems are sustainable, long lasting and are conducive to peace and happiness.
- Un-natural Order is that which is forced; in the extreme case through violence; typically by those who lack the knowledge, intelligence and wisdom to understand or care. Such systems are unsustainable, do not last long and bring misery and suffering to the world.
- Unfortunately, today’s world is rife with governments, systems and institutions that attempt to exercise power by imposing un-natural order. Noble Nation Network intends to change this status quo.
- A Noble Nation’s social, economic and governmental institutions are truly open and democratic and must always function justly with the sole objective of maximizing net social benefit.